PAPAGENO - Document Conversion
The best way to create faxes is in a graphical or a word processing program.
The conversion to the fax format is carried out either on the gateway system or on the respective user computer via a PAPAGENO printer.
- Conversion on the Gateway System
- Conversion on the Client computer
Fax documents created in a Windows application can be sent as email attachment to a fax address. Then, they are converted to the fax format on the gateway computer via the PAPAGENO MAPI connector or via a PAPAGENO Tool.
Since the PAPAGENO MAPI connector requires the respective Windows program for conversion, all the Windows applications from which users want to send documents as faxes must be installed on the gateway computer. The versions must be compatible with the versions on the user machines, otherwise there may be problems with the conversion.
- The CPU load for conversion is on the gateway computer.
- For pdf and html conversion you only have to install the freeware and to activate the tools. Note that each office document can reach Outlook as a pdf.
- Installation and maintenance of the Windows applications on the gateway system
- Version maintance
Fax documents created in an application can be converted directly to fax format via a PAPAGENO printer.
On Unix, there are special PAPAGENO / comFAX printers that convert and send ASCII and PostScript documents, as well as send documents from Unix applications to PAPAGENO as a fax.
OnWindows the FAX MAPI printer converts the documents.
The user selects the FAX MAPI printer in the application in which he has created the document. This converts the document into fax format and passes it on to the mail client. There it is placed as document with the extension *. tif and can be viewed immediately or be sent to a fax address.
- The user sees the document in the mail send window as it is sent (tif format)
- No programs must be maintained on the gateway system
- Protection against macro viruses is guaranteed
- Version incompatibilities are avoided
- The load of conversion is on the client computer
What formats does the FAX-MAPI printer convert?
All output formats that are common today: Microsoft Office formats (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as all formats supported by the OLE interface. Everything you can print from the Windows PC can also be converted to the fax format.
The FAX-MAPI printer does not have to be configured. (He is not client to PAPAGENO).